Wednesday 18 June 2014

Keep the Book in The Movie

For some reason I am reading books that have movies. So first, I started by watching The Hunger Games and I can't seem to figure out if the odds were ever in movie makers' favor or they weren't,either way this brought me to where I am today.

I will be the first to say that I am completely satisfied with The Hunger games as a book and a movie. I mean the guys involved in making this movie captured the imagery in the book like Panem is a real country and everyone from Katniss to Rue were real people. As if the Hunger Games was not enough Catching Fire to me, was even more precise. Don't even get me started on Finnick and the arena, what about that cornucopia?

Before watching the Hunger Games movie, I hadn't read the book and watching the movie somehow compelled me not only to read the Hunger Games alone, but the trilogy. That's what a good movie based on a book should do, not leave you like "Good movie" but more like "Good movie, I wonder what the book is like?" if you haven't read it, that is.

You can only imagine how pleased I was when I saw a snippet of The Fault in Our Stars (TFIOS). Oh my days!!! I can't say that book title without having a smirk on my face. In case you have been living under a rock,  The Fault in Our Stars, I can't even describe it for you. It's the perfect mix of young adult and bitter sweet.Just download it. Thank me later.

So back to how pleasantly surprised I was when I saw a snippet of TFIOS. This particular scene was "the metaphor" you know the one, put the killing thing in your mouth but don't give it the power of killing you. How it is in the book is exactly how it is in the movie and the best part is the writers of the screenplay were concerned with putting quotes from the book in the movie and seeing John Green (author of  TFIOS) happy.

That's what it's about, keeping the book in the movie.


No comments :

Post a Comment